- Our Team
- Practice Areas
- Notable Cases
- About us
Mr Liu practices intellectual law, including patent and trademark prosecution, strategy planning, consulting, licensing, litigation and protection. He has handled more than 1000 domestic and overseas patent prosecution cases, and more than 500 litigation cases.
Mr Liu also has significant experience in unfair competition law, anti-monopoly law and anti-dumping.
- In 2010, Mr Liu joined Lifang & Partners as a Senior Partner.
- In 2008, Mr Liu founded Liu & Partners.
- In 2003, Mr Liu co-founded Scihead & Partners.
- In 1998, Mr Liu graduated from Peking University, majoring in Intellectual Property Law, then he joined Guangdong Huaxu Law Firm.
1.Representing Microsoft in computer software infringement cases against Sinovel. This was the first litigation where Microsoft asserted its rights in China.
2.Representing Foxconn in more than 30 patent infringement cases and winning most of those cases.
3.Representing Hosokawa in more than 10 patent infringement cases and winning most of those cases.
4.Representing Zalman in more than 30 patent infringement cases and winning all those cases. In one case, Zalman was granted the first patent infringement injunction issued by Shenzhen Intermediate People’s Court.
5.Representing Dyson in more than 100 patent infringement cases. Those cases involved invention, utility model and design patents. The Dyson cases required significant cooperation between multiple agencies such as the courts, local IP offices, customs, the police, exhibition agencies and others.
6.Representing Daicel in manufacturing method patent disputed disputes worth around RMB 180 million. Those cases included complicated issues related to gathering and preserving evidence.
7.Representing Comba in patent disputes with Andrew. The cases include civil and administrative lawsuit in China, America and Brazil. One of the invalidation cases recognized as a Top 10 Patent Review Invalidation Case in 2009.
8.Representing OTIS in patent disputes with Schindler. These cases involved complicated issues such as the appropriate allocation of liability.
9.Representing Breville to protect their IP at exhibitions, especially the China Import and Export Fair.
10.Representing clients in customs protection disputes relating to IP. Customs protection can be used to stop cross-border infringements.
11.Representing Novartis in patent validity disputes with GSK. Mr Liu worked with many lawyers from around the globe to successfully invalidate the GSK patents.
12.Representing Autel in an abuse of dominant market position dispute with a major US car company. This was the first anti-monopoly case relating to IP rights for databases.
13.Participating in the Samsung versus Huawei litigations that covered a wide range of issues such as FRAND, patent validity, infringement remedies for SEPs and many other matters.
14.Representing a client in a patent infringement dispute with Didi Chuxing. This cases involved patent invalidation and infringement litigations.
15.Representing OKI in disputes over ownership the of patent rights, patent invalidation and patent infringement. These cases involved multiple patents.
16.Coordinating and managing IP disputes all over the world as a professional legal consultant, including patent infringement litigations and “337” investigations.
17.Representing Guangdong Carpoly in unfair competition disputes with Jiangxi Carpoly. These cases involved the recognition of a well-known trademark.
18.Representing Kaiping Dong Peng sanitary ware in disputes over trademark and unfair competition with Foshan Dongpeng Tiles.
19.Providing long-term legal consultancy services for many companies.
20.Providing patent agency services for many clients such as 360, Alibaba, BOE, Comba, Samsung and others.
- LLB, Intellectual Property Law, Peking University.
- BE, Jinan University.
- China Licensed Lawyer.
- China Licensed Trademark Attorney.
- China Licensed Patent Attorney.
- Chairman of the Fair-Trade Committee of the Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
- Vice-Chairman of the Competition Law committee of the Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
- Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
- External master’s tutor for South China University of Technology.
- Representative of the Guangdong Lawyers Congress.
- Director of the Guangdong Patent Agency.
- Director of the Guangdong Intellectual Property Protection Institute.
- Specialist of the Guangdong Intellectual Property Protection Service Institute.
- Member of AIPPI and AIPLA.
- Guangzhou IP lawyer by the Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
- Leading lawyer by Asia Legal Business.
- “Outstanding Achievement Award” and “Outstanding Deal Award” from the Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
- Two-star Patent Attorney, China Intellectual Property News.
- Protecting Corporate Intellectual Property, Law Press.
- Intellectual Property Law in the News, Yangcheng Evening News Press.
- “Mr Liu Explaining the New Patent Law”, column series in the Guangdong Science and Technology News (2009-2010).
- Protect Intelligence and Preview the Future, Intellectual Property Press.