- Our Team
- Practice Areas
- Notable Cases
- About us
Ms Zhang is both a Lawyer and Patent Attorney. She practices intellectual property law and has represented clients in a number of high-profile cases.
Ms Zhang has extensive experience in handling disputes and transactions relating to patents, trademarks, copyright, unfair competition, trade secrets, domain names, technology contracts and corporate intellectual property arrangements.
She is retained as outside counsel by a number of companies in high-tech, cultural and creative industries, she provides them with advice on intellectual property management issues relating to contracts and dispute resolution. Her clients include Samsung, Dyson, Microsoft, the Business Software Alliance, Midea, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Beijing Association of FM Technology, Wanfang Data and others.
Having started with the firm as an associate in 2006, Ms Zhang was promoted to the role of partner for her hard work and dedication in April 2019.
- Represented Canxing in “The Voice of China” trademark infringement and unfair competition disputes with Talent, which attracted much public attention due to the show’s reputation and the attribution of program name rights.
- Represented China State Construction Engineering Corporation in a dispute with Zhongjian Investment Holdings Co Ltd for trademark infringement and unfair competition. This case involves a major Chinese SOE, which did not register a relevant trademark, and a bad faith trademark registrant. In their judgment, the Beijing IP Court recognized the relevant unregistered and registered trademarks as well-known trademarks and granted damages as claimed.
- Represented Chukong in the second instance trial of a dispute involving gaming software infringement and unfair competition. During the first instance proceedings, Guilin Intermediate People’s Court awarded damages of RMB70 million against Chukong, which was then the highest award for game infringement in China. After the second instance trial, Guangxi High People’s Court annulled the first instance judgement and remanded the matter for retrial. With the help of Ms Zhang’s team, the two parties reached an agreement, and our client avoided huge economic loses.
- Assisted Heinz to successfully obtain a declaration that the “Heinz” trademark was a well-known trademark.
- Wuhan Huaqi Media v Beijing Enlight Pictures.
- Bestseller Fashion (Tianjin) v Cui Huansuo and Du Xinghua.
- Julia Banner Alexander v. Shenzhen Wan Hong Technology Development Co.
- Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press v Wanghouxiong and China Youth Press.
- Guazi v Renren Car.
- Member of All China Lawyers Association
- Member of Beijing Lawyers Association
- Member of All-China Patent Agents Association
- LLB, Intellectual Property Law, Peking University Law School 2003
- China Licensed Lawyer 2008
- China Licensed Patent Attorney 2008