- Our Team
- Practice Areas
- Notable Cases
- About us
Ms Zhang provides clients with comprehensive patent law services relating to invalidity, FTO analysis and infringement litigation. With a technical background in semiconductors and microelectronics, she is well-positioned to handle intellectual property matters in the fields of semiconductors, optoelectronics, LEDs, integrated circuits, and computers.
Ms Zhang joined Lifang & Partners in early 2015. Prior to that, she worked for SIPO (now CNIPA) for 12 years, working for both the substantive examination department and the Patent Reexamination Board, examining invention patents in the electrical and electronic fields. During her time with SIPO, she served as Lead Examiner and Chairwoman of Panels that heard a number of important and complicated invalidity cases. She coordinated and participated in drafting Regulations for the Protection of IC Layout Designs and helped to train Patent Agents in various regions. In 2009, she was selected to join an intellectual property training and exchange program at John Marshall Law School in Chicago.
Ms Zhang has extensive experience in handling complicated cases and often wins high praise from her clients. She has represented Samsung, Bytedance, Sogou, ZTE and Zerotech in patent infringement and invalidation disputes. She is adept at finding legal points with technical details and protecting the interests of clients. Most of the cases handled by Ms Zhang are notable, involving lots of complex evidence and media coverage, such as SEP disputes for telecommunications, method patent disputes for software, electronic patent disputes for drones, patent right disputes for the wiring designs of integrated circuits and other matters.
- Represented Samsung in a series of patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Huawei.
- Representing Samsung in patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Neodron.
- Representing Samsung in patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Solas.
- Represented Samsung in patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Tessera.
- Representing Xiaomi in their patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Coolpad.
- Representing Bytedance in their patent infringement and invalidation disputes with an NPE.
- Representing Sogou in a series of patent infringement disputes with Baidu. These disputes are also known as the first patent infringement cases in the Internet area.
- Represented ZTE in a series of patent invalidation and administrative disputes with Huawei.
- Representing Zerotech (Beijing) Intelligence Technology in their patent infringement and invalidation disputes with DJI-Innovations.
- Representing LSS in their patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Hitachi-Omron.
- Represented Qiqihar Tonglian Machinery in their patent infringement and invalidation disputes with Jilin Kangda Machinery.
- Represented Heilongjiang Yuhui New Building Materials Co., in a series of patent invalidation disputes with China Construction Seventh Engineering Division.
- Represented Shenzhen Sunmoon Microelectronics in their patent and integrated circuit layout-design infringement disputes with Worldsemi.
- Represented Dai Aiqing in an administrative case regarding patent invalidation against the Patent Re-examination Board.
- Legal 500 Recommended Intellectual Property Lawyer 2018
- LLM, Intellectual Property Law, Renmin University of China.
- MS, Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics, Wuhan University.
- BS, Semiconductors, Wuhan University.
- China Licensed Lawyer.
- China Licensed Patent Attorney.